· Management of various technical systems applications in a manner that assists all technical employees in operations and optimizing properties.
· Assist Manager to maintain systems in place and implement new systems and work flows as needed.
· Assist engineers with development of detailed plans for engineering projects in a timely manner
· Accumulate information to assist engineers in their work with asset managers and geologists to develop investment opportunities or solve operational problems
· Keep current on new computer technologies by additional training and participating in industry events
· Help implement new software and coach less experienced personnel and help them further develop program and data base skills
· Must be an ARIES super user.
· Works with Reservoir Engineers to build and maintain ARIES reserve and economic cases and run various economic scenarios.
· Responsible for maintaining ARIES database, including monthly production, reserve class, interest, LOE and price updates.
· Generates historical LOS summaries and creates ARIES LOS inputs, including variable and fixed LOE, GTC, Shrink, Yield and pricing differential data.
· Assist engineers and planning group with quarterly and year-end budget and reserve processes.
· Generates various Aries output summaries, pivot tables, one-line reports and comparisons utilizing ARIES, Access and Excel.
· Assists engineers with AFE generation and project tracking
· Provides various technical and analytical support to asset teams.
· Builds and populates ARIES databases for asset teams’ A&D efforts, including importing IHS well and production data.
· Assists with preparing Power Point presentations for Quarterly Business Reviews, budget and other special projects.
· Committed to improving business processes to enhance efficiencies.
· Must be willing and able to manage multiple tasks.
Fi . Financial & Business Acumen - Key Behaviors:
· Adheres to budgets and is cost conscious.
· Demonstrates understanding of the economic aspects of the job
· Communications – Listens with concentration. Gives clear and complete oral instructions. Makes clear and well organized presentations. Writes clearly and concisely. Speaks clearly and concisely. Encourages dialogue and open discussion of ideas and opinions. Confirms understanding by asking probing questions and clarifying ambiguous information.
· Resource Optimization – Evaluates resources and capabilities before engaging in a task. Seeks alternative resources when original ones are insufficient or unavailable. Allocates his/her own time effectively..
· Performance Management – Follows up on responsibilities that have been delegated. Sets personal priorities and time lines. Consistently stresses key objectives and priorities to unify and focus the efforts of multiple business locations. Regularly reviews results against plan with business managers and challenges.
· Focus on Innovation/Improvement – Challenges the status quo and tries to make improvements. Tries new ideas and ways of doing work. Develops more effective ways of doing work. Generates new and innovative ideas. Adapts to and implements changes.
· Decision Making – Maintains his/her commitments even under pressure. Analyzes data from diverse sources. Evaluates both pros and cons. Sorts through the information clutter to identify and focus on key opportunities or improvements that will help the business. Identifies next steps and actions to be taken. Makes timely decisions.
· Bachelor’s degree in business or related field
· 12+ years of related experience in managing Engineering software maintenance and use
F. Experience Requirements: Technical Skills, Business Knowledge, and Other Experience Requirements:
· ARIES super user, Excel, Access
· Prior experience working in cross-functional teams
· Experience in assisting in preparing oil and gas reservoir studies for engineering review
· Familiar with reserves, production accounting, oil field operations and LOS
· Direct knowledge of petro technical computer tools
· Experienced user of MS Office products and economics programs such as Aries
· Sets goals and coordinates goals with others to enhance group results